Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The City of Eldarus offical forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Market Revamp

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalanaere

Kalanaere

Character sheet
Character Name:: Kalanaere Stacia Tsugara
Race: Drelf
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Market Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Market Revamp   Market Revamp Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:44 am

Alright guys, since the Lich attack basicly destroyed the market place it has to be rebuilt, I'm a firm believer in since somebody else is payign for this rebuild (jaxon) that we need to make it bigger and better than before. So throw out your suggestions on how to improve it from just abuncho f little stalls or shops or whatever you viewed it as and turning it into a booming econimc venture.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Mika Ravencross

Mika Ravencross

Character sheet
Character Name:: Mika Ravencross
Race: Vampire (Most of the time)
Alignment: Neutral

Market Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Revamp   Market Revamp Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:32 am

I would suggest a memorial to those who died in the attack be constructed in the center of town. Other than that I've got no idea what to throw in, as I don't REALLY know what's in the marketplace to begin with, haha.
Back to top Go down
Kalanaere

Kalanaere

Character sheet
Character Name:: Kalanaere Stacia Tsugara
Race: Drelf
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Market Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Revamp   Market Revamp Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:28 am

well I have to agree with Mika I really don't know whats there either I always just presumed it was a bunch of little stalls and shit but I like the memorial idea. So this is our chance to define whats in the market! Maybe a life sized statue of Trega strangling Renton? Or how about Auryon getting drunk lol
Back to top Go down
Rei D'mor

Market Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Revamp   Market Revamp Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:56 am

A memorial in the center showing those who passed on looking at peace, something of an insult to the lich's intentions. Set up in a round 'Town Circle' type of thing, maybe have it set as a fountain or something. The actual size of the market has never really been determined, has it?

Have this central area with benches, etc, basically a community center type spot, where a few well made stalls can sell different types of pre-prepared food and drink, etc. A bit outside the stalls could have real buildings, with a road leading off in each of eight directions, the compass points. Eld has always struck me as generally a slightly post-Renn type of place, so the buildings could rebuild taller, allowing for almost an 'Outdoor Mall' sort of double-decker.

Since magic is admittedly such a big part of Eld, we don't have to be limited to 'Realistic' building types, etc. Let magic shops build up in clearly physics-bending towers, if we have any NPC-magic types (Walk in the front door and be at the top of the tower, as the window will attest... But look behind you to the door still on ground level. Trippy), maybe an actual Healer's clinic with NPC healers trained in herbalism and alchemy to numb pain and clear out infection, etc.

Maybe even include an 'Apartments' section; Anyone ever notice half the town seems to live in the White Wyvern inn and the other half just doesn't admit to living anywhere?

In the face of such rebuilding, the chance to modernize means we aren't necessarily limited to just setting a real design to the markets; How many of us have, IRL, seen a section of town get rebuilt, and then they start building up the surrounding areas because they look so shabby by comparison?

C'mon, folks, play with ideas. Throw things out there. Draw a picture in Paint if it'll help get your idea across.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Market Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Revamp   Market Revamp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Market Revamp
Page 1 of 1