Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The City of Eldarus offical forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character Sheet, and History of Smitty, High King of Cimmeria

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King_Smitty

Character Sheet, and History of Smitty, High King of Cimmeria Empty
PostSubject: Character Sheet, and History of Smitty, High King of Cimmeria   Character Sheet, and History of Smitty, High King of Cimmeria Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:00 am

I. Basic Information.

A. Common Name:
Smitty

B. Full Title and Rank:
King Smitty

C. Race:
Cimmerian

D. Gender:
Male

E. Alignment:
Smitty's Alignment is Good, though he does like to kick teeth in.

F. Class:
i. Warrior King
ii. Ranger

G. Military Division/Rank:
Unavailable

H. Home:
Cimmeria

II. Character Overview

A. Physiology
A young but courageous warrior, Smitty is not what you would picture as a dangerous fighter. His power is not with his strength, (though he is very strong) but his true power is in his wits, making him a cunning adversary. Bred souly for destruction, he is a tall and fit individual. His dark hair is long and flowing, but his most striking quality is his deep black eyes.
Legend has it that he bears the mark of Crom himself. (Crom, being the almighty deity of the Cimmerians, judges those who die by the honor and valor of how they lived. If Crom believes you have lived a glorious life, he allows you to find life after death in Valinor, somewhat equal to Christianity's heaven.) Smitty, as a youth, was sent out to find his warrior inside (a tradition all soon to be Kings would partake) to send out the best warriors into the wilderness and come back once they have killed a wild beast from the woods. Upon returning, Smitty collapsed, clutching the skull of a serpent. He died that day, for the fight with this large snake resulted in him being slashed by this serpent's fangs, fangs that carry a deadly toxin. Most believe that Crom saw the potential in this young warrior and sent him back to the earthly world with the purpose unknown yet to this young warrior. Skeptics of this legend believe that if he died in battle with this snake, Crom would have admitted him to Valinor for outstanding courage.
After he recovered, Smitty dedicated his life to the study of all things. He is an adept scholar from various mentors of many arts. He is very able in sword and armor crafting, and only wears what he creates.

B. Mannerisms
A quiet individual, Smitty does not speak unless necessary. He is a solitary person, and hardly ventures with others. Not much is known about him for he rarely speaks to others about what he is thinking. Being royalty, Smitty has a hard time dealing with those who are 'beneath' him.

C. Sociology
Smitty does not believe in defeat thus he only socializes with those he deems his equals. Devoted to honor, he will never break a vow. Imprisoned by loyalty, even to those who do not deserve it, he has been associated with those who are seen by many as evil and full of greed. His views on politics are for the support of those who fight for others. He takes part in the struggles of the public who are being oppressed by evil men that mercilessly kill the innocent.

D. Weapons & Items

Dark Plate Armor: Smitty is not a quality blacksmith out of chance. Being a Smith, he comes from a long line of royal metalworkers (After his family won the crown in the Royal Games 2 thousand years ago, the custom would be the members of the Smith family would learn how to craft their own weapons and armor). This Dark Plate mail was forged by Smitty himself, from the Staff of the Dark Lord of Mount Gica. As the staff contained Evil powers, Smitty melted it and had it blessed by his village's shaman to rid if of the evil curse that allowed it to only be equipped by the dark lord himself. Still retaining its strikingly light but strong attributes, the metal was the perfect choice for a full suit of armor. Taking 2 years to complete, Smitty took careful time in constructing this armor for it would protect him from all attacks. Or so he hopes...

Mas os Aelor: An Elven word that means Slayer of Evil, this double bladed sword was crafted in the Elven forest with the greatest of tools available in smithing. Once, when Smitty was venturing in the forest, he was ambushed by a group of sentries. This fight caused his original sword to shatter, but he still maintained the skill to win. Having bested them, the Elf Lord put an immobilizing spell on him, recognizing his great fighting ability. He allowed Smitty to train with the Elven smiths and presented him with steel that nobody had been able to form into a sword. He challenged him to create the finest sword that his ability would allow. Though it took only a few days, he was able to complete this challenge. Being of two blades bound as one, Mas os Aelor is a fine weapon. Crafted into the hand guard is the very skull of the serpent that killed him many years ago.

III. Ability
Smitty is a warrior, and has little magical abilities.

A. Non-magical
Smithing: Smitty comes from a long line of Smiths, and is a very skilled craftsman

Weapon Mastery: Mastering Mas os Aelor, Smitty has little use for any other weapon, though he is a prominent fighter with scores of various weapons.

Night Sight: Cimmerians have the natural ability to be able to see at night as if it were day.

Far Sight: Another innate ability of Cimmerians is their eyesight is very clear for a much longer than normal range.

B. Magical

Divine Light: Blinding to all but Smitty, a powerful white light will grow and burn away the darkness surrounding Smitty.

A simple incantation must be rehearsed:

lumière des lumières, finissent cette obscurité
Light of the Lights, Finish this darkness.

Upon returning to Earth after death, Smitty had this phrase etched into his mind. He knows the meaning, but has been unable to determine the language of the spell.

C. Immunities
Poison
After being poisoned by the snake, Smitty has strengthened his tolerance to poisons by training his body to protect him from every kind known to man

D. Weaknesses
Loyalty
Being Loyal to the grave, Smitty has a hard time taking back his word and an even harder time betraying those who he agrees to help. This can be a powerful weakness, as he can be tricked by his enemies for his unwavering devotion.

IV. History

A. Brief Summarization
After searching for the warrior within, Smitty was killed in battle with the great snake of the woods. Being sent back to Earth by Crom himself, his life has been devoted in the study of all things, mainly the study of warfare and fighting.
Not much is known other than that, his exploits are hardly rehearsed because those who experience them fail to live past their encounter with him.

B. The Dethroned King (as taken from previous RP’s and DnD sessions)

Smitty was the proud King of an even prouder kingdom. Cimmeria, a kingdom of warriors, was in its prime. But dark deeds began to disrupt Cimmeria's way of life. An unknown force was terrorizing the countryside. At first they began to burn fields and kill livestock, but it wasn't long before people were being abducted and murdered throughout Smitty's Kingdom.

A few months went by, and when the people began to blame their King for the problems and for being unable to defend them, the King's younger brother, Clarius, took the throne by force. The King’s tutor and servant, Roland, saved Smitty before assassins under contract by Clarius attacked. Escaping through a secret tunnel Smitty found his horse with supplies waiting for him there. Roland was heard screaming in the tower, and when Smitty forced himself to look back, the body of his mentor fell through to the ground. Making haste to be out of the vicinity before daybreak, Smitty rode his horse through the entire night. Clarius's assassins were not far behind. Killing two and questioning the third, Smitty was able to determine that there were at least three assassins left.

What had felt like months, it was only a few days previous, Clarius had knocked on his brothers door.

"Hail Brother!"
"Clarius! Ah it is good to see you. What tidings do you bring me today?" Smitty replied.

"Must we always get down to business before the pleasantries? The tidings I bring are grim. Another convoy was attacked today, this time the shipment of food and goods to our troops."

Smitty was distraught, but being King he had to control his emotions. With an even tone he replied, "This pains me to hear brother, six attacks in as many days. What has become of our empire? Answer me this, have the investigators found out anything about who may be behind these attacks?"

Unknown to Smitty, his brother was about to lie through his teeth. A clever trick easily learned without much effort. "Nay brother, nobody knows who is behind these actions, though I shall put every effort into finding the culprits and bring them to justice. I promise you that."

"Good, that is a relieving thought. I trust in you brother to help me in these troubles. In due time brother, you will be eligible for the council and soon after, High Inquisitor. What news of Dregmond? It is a shame he was poisoned last week, I fear the attackers may have slipped him something to cause him to eat his last meal"

Dregmond was a good man. The current High Inquisitor of Cimmeria, Dregmond was an avid supporter of the people. Being born of common descent, Dregmond fought bravely in the Great War, and secured his spot as a General of the Grand Army of Rigyar, The Destroyer of Dragons. Using his influence of the people, Dregmond was elected High Inquisitor during the waning years of the previous King. It was a sad day to learn that Dregmond was poisoned, for a great ally of King Smitty and the people was doomed to die a painful death.

"Unfortunately Dregmond is worse today than usual," Clarius replied. "The physicians say he will not last the night."
"I'm afraid I will lose control over the Council once he passes. Cimmeria will grieve greatly for the loss."
"What you say is true, brother. But let us not dwell on it for the moment. His time has come and gone, though perhaps premature. Will you join me to the bathing houses? There many a pretty maid will be bathing today"

Chuckling, Smitty replied, "Clarius I do believe there’s something in this world you love more than me! I cannot go; it would not be well for rumors to spread of the King bathing with the maids of Cimmeria. Go, enjoy yourself, and do well to be back for dinner."

Embracing his King, Clarius departed.

Dregmond departed later that night.

"Wake up sire! Young King, get out of bed!" Roland whispered in the Kings ear.

Rubbing his eyes, Smitty sat up. "What is the matter Roland, that you may interrupt my blissful sleep?"

"You must make haste, I'm afraid I cannot explain much, but Dregmond passed not long ago, and there are soldiers making their way to your quarters. I fear that they are here to claim you as their prisoner, or perhaps worse."

Jumping out of bed, Smitty grabbed his Sword. "How many are there? I can take thirty, perhaps fourty men with swords!"

"Nay King, there is naught less than fifty men with crossbows, and not even you could deflect as many shots. Make haste, this passageway will lead you out of the castle, where your horse has been stationed. Make your way to Galia, where you will find kin and safety. I cannot go with you; I will try to stall them as best I can, but I fear this may be goodbye for a while, if not forever. Go! They are nearly at the door!"

"Goodbye Roland! Thank you for everything, I will not forget as long as I live."
Smitty dashed through the hidden doorway, only known to him and his tutor as was the custom for the scores of deceased Kings. Reaching his horse, he heard the screams of Roland out of his tower. Looking up he saw the body of the man falling to the ground. Pain filled his eyes, soon to be replaced by anger. Seeing a man at the window, Smitty gazed upon his brother.

It made perfect sense at that moment. Clarius, his once loved brother, had grown up under the shadow of Smitty. Being his elder, Smitty had claim to the throne. Clarius must have staged the attacks, and being in charge of the investigation, he was able to kill the investigators if they ever knew too much about the operation. Poisoning Dregmond was a bold and cruel move, but very clever. Clarius must have known that taking the throne for himself would have caused the wrath of the High Inquisitor, who some say holds more power than the King if he had a corrupt heart. Dregmond had the loyalty of the people, for being one of them, and after his death, all that was left was the blame of the attacks onto the King. And if he disappeared...or died, whoever would take over would be generally a welcome change. Having both the Crown and the ability to rule the council with the High Inquisitor gone, Clarius would have no trouble ruling Cimmeria.....

Roland didn't mention the kin in Galia were those who were banished from Cimmeria ages past. Centuries ago, well before his time, a young prince named Odas, had just gained the crown. Odas was a revolutionary of sorts. He had taken part in the war of Nobles, a small series of battles that had been between the Royal Family and the, at the time, more powerful in influence contingent that consisted of the Great Council. Assassinating his father, the Council had aimed to do the same to Odas.

Though the sides ultimately wanted the same thing, it was a rather short but bloody war. Looking back upon the dispute, one would not understand why it occurred. In simple terms it was over who controlled the Kingdom. Odas, after gaining the favor of the people of Cimmeria by promising that elected officials from the people would comprise the Council (since who better knows the needs of the people?) and Generals of the Army who, in lack of a better term, were old but still knew how to handle things if war was upon them.

After a while, Cimmeria was prosperous under Odas's rule. Years passed and there was trouble brewing once. The Council, who was removed from power, rose up with the armies still loyal to them and took the castle of the King. Dissent spread among the people, and fearing a revolt, the council banished Odas and his family from the realm. A distant cousin of Odas, Dornan (of whom Smitty's blood flows from) gained power due to his influence among the council. Though the council did not realize their mistake in giving the throne to Dornan, because he had all of the council executed, banished the soldiers who were in cohorts with them, and gave the council positions back to the people, gaining great favor.

Not knowing whether Odas's family was alive or their whereabouts, Cimmeria gave up on the idea of returning him to his throne, though Dornan probably would not have given it up easily, which could've resulted in another bloody dispute. Generations past and it wasn't until Rigyar's reign of Cimmeria that Odas's descendants were happened upon in Galia.

Galia (though that was not its name at the time, it was simply the Frontier then) was a free state, divided among those who had the largest families (Odas's family had been one of them after establishing themselves there). Riddled with power struggles, Galia was a place not often traveled due to marauders seeking fortune, or soldiers defending their land. It was a long time of fighting until the kingdoms decided to make peace with each other, dividing the land up between the kingdoms, forming the Great Allied Kingdoms of Galia (Commonly referred to as the Kingdom of Galia, for the kingdoms acted as one with a debating council and aiding each other when in need).

At that moment, after Roland's death, Smitty was on his way to Galia. Stopping in Towns nearby, he would take his time before reaching his kin. He figured the next best place to be ambushed by the assasins would be in Galia, for Clarius was not stupid. He would soon know that Smitty was making his way to where he could get help in regaining his throne.

(I will continue, once i can find the rest of the history of Smitty and how he made his way to Eldarus. I think 1 or 2 more campaigns are still to come.)
Back to top Go down

Character Sheet, and History of Smitty, High King of Cimmeria
Page 1 of 1