Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The City of Eldarus offical forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ghost from the dust

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:44 am

Ardin looked at the darkening sky, "The emperor called upon dark magic as his last stand, and created an army of shadow creatures, unstoppable creatures that feed off of the shadows, that a blade nor any weapon can kill." he looked at her with a blank face "Once he was finished with the Se-akers, his plans were to go forth and expand his empire with his unstoppable army. enslaving every one, burning down forests, until the world was his... If it wasn't for me he would have succeeded"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:56 pm

She nodded slowly, and glanced at him with a smile. "Then it seems we all owe you our thanks," she said, her voice sincere. She shook her head sadly from side to side. "I don't understand," she began, "Why some people have such a thirst for power. And the more they get, the more it doesn't satisfy them, and they just crave more and more."
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rynnsrpgcharacters/sveniaveridir.htm
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:29 pm

Kept looking forward "He was Just a pone in the long run, tircked and persuaded, by A spirit who wants the world to himself. promising him immortal life, and ultimate power. The Se-akens and I believe that magic is dishonorable, that it shouldn't exist, that wars and battles should be fought with hardened Wills and the determination of the soul to push forward no matter what may lie ahead" he smiles patting the sword subconsciously thinking about the honor in combat. "But yes, no one should have power"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:51 pm

She was quiet for a moment, then glanced back at him. "Most people consider clerics to be possessed of magic. The magic is not exactly the same as a mage's, but we can do more than heal wounds." she said quietly. "We can turn the undead, protect against unholy forces, astral projection, among other things. Does this bother you?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:47 am

Look at her cautiously "Aye it is against my customs, and would be considered an offense, But I do not judge you or say you have no right to learn these skills, but you would be frowned upon by my brothers," he pats her on the shoulder "Keep up your studies, it doesn't bother me"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:55 am

She smiled, looking relieved at his words. "Thank you. I am glad that it doesn't bother you." she said earnestly, for though they had not known each other long, his respect had already come to mean a lot to her. "Becoming a cleric is all that I have ever wanted."
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:59 am

he nods and smiles at her, "Than it is what you must become, and not let anyone stop you, i am fine in your magic, you seek to heal people, I am against those who seek to use their powers to fight and kill others, no man deserves to fie be the flick of a finger after all the training they have gone through"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:05 am

She frowned and shook her head. "The magic I use is to give life, not take it away. I don't seek power for myself, but to help others." she smiled, noticing that the sun was nearing the horizon. "Shall we continue on through part of the night or start looking for a camp?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:07 am

he watched the sun, and nodded "let us make camp, and eat something," he looks around the ground "Maybe a nice scorpion" he smiled but by the tone of his voice it didnt sound as if he was kidding
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:10 am

She pulled a face, wrinkling her nose in disgust. "Scorpion?" she repeated, glancing down at the thin soled slippers she wore, realizing for the first time how unprotected her feet were. "Are they .... numerous in this parts?" she asked worriedly, wondering as well what other dangers might lurk around them.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:20 am

Ardin looked for any rocky patches "Oh I am sure, they love this kind of climatem maybe even a rattler," he walked around the area they where in, "I am sure I could find something in here".
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:24 am

She paid a lot more attention to where she was stepping now. "I really hope not," she muttered under her breath. "But better you find it than me." she smiled lightly. It was starting to grow dark now, and she noticed the temperatures start to drop rapidly. She'd never been in the desert before, and hadn't been aware of the difference between day and night.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:33 am

Ardin found a snake not to far from where they were, going up to it with his blade and chopped it's head off, before it could strike. holding it up to let the blood drain from the neck, and walked over to her, and noticed the change in temperature, "Your going to freeze in those cloths," he puts the snake down, and takes his cloak off, and wraps it around her. it was warm from the sun "You need to stay warm"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:37 am

She nodded, wrapping the cloak more securely around her shoulders. "I didn't think it would get so cold here," she commented. "It was so hot earlier." she shivered, for since the sun had started to set, it already dropped over ten degrees. The change in temperate in such a short period was almost a shock to her senses. She glanced at the headless snake in his hand, still dripping blood. "You... you really intend to eat that?" she asked sickly.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:42 am

Ardin looks at the snake's body then back to her, "Of course, All animals are edible, why should we only eat dear, cow, pig or bird?" he puts a few twigs together to start a fire, puting more wood on from a dead desert plant, and desert grass, cut the snake up into long strips, pulling the bones out and laying the strips across the fire "It is time you learn about the world Svenia"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:49 am

She swallowed heavily, looking away as he gutted the snake, moving close to the fire. "I suppose I don't really have much choice at this point," she said with a tiny smile, pulling out the canteen and taking a small sip before holding it out to him. "You need to drink something. You've gone all without any water."
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:55 am

Ardin smiled and took the water, taking a few sips then handed it back to her, letting the meat cook, once done handed a slab to her, "Its good believe me" he smiles and takes a bite of it, coming over to sit next to her "We should share body heat, the temperature will keep dropping"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:31 pm

She nodded, not minding his nearness, letting the shared body heat and the fire keep them warm. She stared at the snake meat in her hands. It was several moments before she finally raised it to her lips, taking a small, hesitant bite. She chewed it quickly, and was surprised to find that the meat was actually quite good.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:27 pm

Ardin at the rest of his snake watching the fire, the light shimmering off his eyes, it was clear he was used to deserts, and knew how to survive in them. "it will be colder than last night, so we will have to keep warm," he looks at her "Mainly you have to keep warm"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:31 pm

She nodded and glanced at the fire as she took another bite of the snake meat. "Do you think we have enough wood to last the night?" she asked, looking at the rather sparse area around them. She pulled his cloak closer about her shoulders, the large cloak making her look even smaller than she really was.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:29 pm

He looked around thinking about her question, "If we can find more bugs and snakes we will be fine, of course by the look on your face, I would say you wouldn't be fine" he chukles lightly, and put an arm over her to keep her warm. "We will try to get more water, and look for food, I am sure we will find a place soon"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:33 pm

She grimaced at the idea of using bugs and snakes as fuel for the fire. Nodding, she put her head on his shoulder and yawned. "Right now what we need most is water. We have half the waterskin, and that's it." She shook her head. "I hope we make it out of the desert before it runs out."
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:47 am

Ardin put an arm around her to keep her warm "There will be plenty of dew in the morning so try to drink as much as you can, I will try to find us some water in the morning, I am sure we will find a town tomorrow"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:55 am

She nodded, resting against him comfortably. "I hope so, and i hope that they have enough to spare for us." she smiled slightly. "And that they have a spare horse you can buy off them," she said, unaware of his intentions to steal the horse and not buy it.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:58 am

he rolled his eyes lightly, and patted her shoulder "Yes that too, but you get some sleep, you need to rest as much as you can in the desert" laid down, "And we sleep next to each other, so we don't freeze to death"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ghost from the dust
Page 15 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next