Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The City of Eldarus offical forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advertising help, and contest!

Go down 
+2
Kalanaere
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Advertising help, and contest! Empty
PostSubject: Advertising help, and contest!   Advertising help, and contest! Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:13 am

Once again Eldarus needs your assistance (but this time it has nothing to do with angry dragons) as many of you noticed during april & may we experienced a large boom in new players. We'd like to see this continue on at a steady pace and not just once or twice every few months. Thats why we're looking into different ways of advertising Eldarus.

Some of the ways we're going to be doing this is:

Word of mouth

Google add words

Facebook adds

Posting on other RP fourm/lists

If there are any other methods of advertising (free or paid) that we're missing out on please let us know.

Most of our players have found us through other players invitation which is great - keep it up!
another, smaller amount found us by us posting on other community walls that advertise various Rp sites, or by simply just invading other places and offering an alternative place to Rp when their normal 'home' is experincing a lull in activity.

I'd like to see Eldarus grow to a larger community that way we can expand int something more than just a RP site - there are some exciting changes that are going to be comming in the future, but thats if we get our player numbers up enough to warrant the costs associated with such a change.

Anyway, we'd really like your help in comming up with ways to advertise Eldarus!

So that brings me to the
CONTEST
What you do:

Write an ad! No more than a paragraph, it has to involve the words 'eldarus' in and advertise the sight ina postive light.
It can be humerous, or perhaps even be about a certain "aspect/area" IN Eldarus. - example it could be an Add inviting people to the Kabuki theatre in the city of eldarus - also include the fact that it is a Rp. - Or you can write about how great the site is for whatever reasons - whatever appeals to you . Try to think what made you come to Eldarus in the first place, or why you'd consider comming - what would make you come and try this site out if you saw it pop up on google?

Nothing racist, sexist, ect.

What you win: internet glory! A moldy cookie, and a broken spork! How wonderful! and we'll use the winning ads from each catergory in one of the advertisement campaigns!

Why do it: Because you get to be creative, and not bored, and you'd be 'giving' back to the site in a way, and helping your community grow.

The catergories!

"Funniest Add" - If its funny - enter it in this section!

"Whoever Wrote this one is a major suck up" - If you really wanna get in My good books, and butter me up for something heres your chance Wink

"Best "character" refrence add" - Write an add from a characters point of view! (must be from Eldarus)

"Darkest add" - Eldarus has been ravaged by beasts, plauges, and naked pirates - This appeals to some 'darker rpers!"

"Shop add" -Advertisng a shop, or destination within Eldarus!

"Community Add" - Advertising the player base, and all aspects of the site in an OOCly fashion.

lets here some ads people!

Please when you submit your add to this fourm thread you put which catergory your trying for (you can try for more than one of course!) All ideas and suggestions are welcomed, and we'll have the contest end on june 10th! So hurry!
(Also, August is slowly creeping in that means Eldarus will be turning 2! Donations are always welcomed and will go towards keeping the site up and paying for advertisement space and other goodies)
Back to top Go down
https://eldarus.darkbb.com
Kalanaere

Kalanaere

Character sheet
Character Name:: Kalanaere Stacia Tsugara
Race: Drelf
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Advertising help, and contest!   Advertising help, and contest! Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 3:40 am

My suggestion is that we post on buildboards across the great State of Canada!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising help, and contest!   Advertising help, and contest! Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:56 am

on bilboards? Lmao, now that surely would draw some attention in.. but I've a feeling thats well out of our budget (for now atleast Wink)

Even if we could afford something like that -what would it say?
Back to top Go down
Zeno Demon

Zeno Demon

PostSubject: Re: Advertising help, and contest!   Advertising help, and contest! Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:42 am

Perhaps we should have a number of scouts running about every now and again on other RP chats, such as The Keep. Develop a profile with a link to Eldarus.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising help, and contest!   Advertising help, and contest! Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:47 am

We've tried that before Zeno.. a lot of our players do not even want to set foot in the keep, and I can't say I blame them lol. However, if your interested in playing scout then by all means give it a try:) I used to go in their and recruit people. I'm actually banned from the keep now, because of some disagreements with the Rpers there.. Apparently, its bad form there to ignore a post about your character being destroyed by a dwarf toting a bazooka who shot at you and killed you before you even posted an entrance into the room. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kalanaere

Kalanaere

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Advertising help, and contest!   Advertising help, and contest! Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:57 pm

Umm well first off the picture would have the Eldarus Banner and then in the background behind the big bold text would be like a ship sailing into the harbor (NO not a pirate ship!...well i guess it could be a pirate ship) and maybe off to another side the forest. with like birds flying overhead. As for Texting well obviously it would have the name ELDARUS on it. Beyond that something like create your own adventure, or be the master of your own destiny. Your RP is limited only by your imagination. Then we put the eldarus website and aury's phone number Very Happy

there I thought of something lol.
Back to top Go down
Trega Merekid

Trega Merekid

Character sheet
Character Name:: Trega Merekid
Race: Half-Elf
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Advertising help, and contest!   Advertising help, and contest! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:09 am

Giant picture of Aury's boobs backgrounding the words: Eldarus! These boobs are all over this place.
Back to top Go down
http://tregamerekid.webs.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising help, and contest!   Advertising help, and contest! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:14 am

This may come as a suprise but....my boobs aren't the answer to everything.
Although, they are to ALMOST everything.
Besides, we'd likely get the wrong kinda people here.. granted..they are still people.
But we have enough pervs, Wink

Nice try though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kalanaere

Kalanaere

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Advertising help, and contest!   Advertising help, and contest! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:50 am

Umm not to have to agree with Trega but have you looked at the majority of the people that are in Eldarus..their not exactly saints ya know
Back to top Go down
Mika Ravencross

Mika Ravencross

Character sheet
Character Name:: Mika Ravencross
Race: Vampire (Most of the time)
Alignment: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Advertising help, and contest!   Advertising help, and contest! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:01 pm

Well, I have an ad created, buuuuuuut i cant figure out how to get it up.
Back to top Go down
Arixus

Arixus

Character sheet
Character Name:: Arixus E. Phae
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Advertising help, and contest!   Advertising help, and contest! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 12:59 am

Here are three ads that I just finished! I'm working on a fourth, but I don't know exactly how it is going to turn out.

It's important to know that I ONLY designed and wrote the copy! I did NOT create any of the art! The credit for all artwork goes to my good friend, Lancerey, who is an old RP friend of mine, and a fantastic artist. You can find Lancerey on deviantart.com.

Advertising help, and contest! Appren11

Advertising help, and contest! Cake11

Advertising help, and contest! Swan11
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/arixus
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising help, and contest!   Advertising help, and contest! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Wow Arixus, those are awesome!
Your friend is also very talented.
Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Arixus

Arixus

Character sheet
Character Name:: Arixus E. Phae
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Advertising help, and contest!   Advertising help, and contest! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:43 pm

I'll let my friend know you think so!

Definitely put these ads to use as soon as you can. If no one else has any advertisements to post, we may as well put these ones to use. I'd be happy to try to come up with more when I get my own computer and photoshop program up and running again.

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/arixus
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advertising help, and contest!   Advertising help, and contest! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advertising help, and contest!
Page 1 of 1