Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The City of Eldarus offical forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eldarus' new layout

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Auryon

Eldarus' new layout Empty
PostSubject: Eldarus' new layout   Eldarus' new layout Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi. As many of you noticed, yesterday the site kind of did a major facepalm. So.. in light of this we decided to go ahead and update the look and some of the features of the whole site.
We'd like to hear your comments on the layout, yours likes, dislikes, and general review.
Is there anything we should change? Anything we should add, thats not on there?
Is it viewable for you in all your browsers? Is the colour scheme easy on the eyes, or hard to read?

So go ahead. Look around. Then come back here and tell us, Also please take a few moments to take the poll on the main page. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Rei D'mor

PostSubject: Re: Eldarus' new layout   Eldarus' new layout Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:48 pm

[Auryon Rivorn] so do you like? go post in the fourms
[Auryon Rivorn] lol
[Raziel Dukkering] I think the green is a bit off...
[Raziel Dukkering] <.<
[Raziel Dukkering] If it can be made closer to the grass green in the picture, it'd fit the flow better.
[Raziel Dukkering] As it is, it's sort of an off turquoise. Reminds me of old paint.
[Auryon Rivorn] lol
[Auryon Rivorn] post it in the fourms so i can remind teri to take a look at it later.
Back to top Go down
Aion

PostSubject: Re: Eldarus' new layout   Eldarus' new layout Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:52 pm

The site is looking excellent so far.

The gold-on-brown color scheme you have on the homepage is great and should be used on all of the other pages. You still might want to darken the brown another shade or two, but that could just be me, since I've been in the throes of a perpetual migraine for the last two years, so I'm hypersensitive to bright colors and lights.

I'd darken the green on the "Chat", "Forum", and "Contact Us" buttons so that it contrasts the white lettering better and is easier to read. I'd also darken the green of the navigation buttons to the left, but not too much.

Don't forget - you guys misspelled the word "sheriff." I had to look that word up myself, so don't feel bad about that. "Sheriff only has one 'f'..." Teehee.

Add a "homepage" button either at the top, next to the "Chat" button, or on the left above "Citizenship Application".

Other than that, I don't have much else to critique.
Back to top Go down
Kalanaere

Kalanaere

Character sheet
Character Name:: Kalanaere Stacia Tsugara
Race: Drelf
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Eldarus' new layout   Eldarus' new layout Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:17 pm

It looks good, while I do miss the old book look that we had, this new look does seem to flow alot easier and it makes navigation of the page much much easier as well. I know you still need to do more updates but you need to get lists of information on whom is included in each group such as the theatre, the guards the rangers ect. Aside from little things though I think it does look good and like aways improvement is good and its a work in progress. Although Aury you should tell Teri to work faster ;-)
Back to top Go down
Aion

PostSubject: Re: Eldarus' new layout   Eldarus' new layout Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:42 am

Excellent work. Time to nitpick a little bit.

I'd still tone down the green of the navigation buttons on the left, but very slightly.

Also, the "Welcome" picture is blurry. I have 20/13 vision with my glasses on, which is the highest any normal person could achieve, and it looks to me like you saved the image in a format that compressed it and made it lose quality. If you have the originals, redo the picture in Photoshop, or get someone else to.

That's all right now.
Back to top Go down
Kala

PostSubject: forums (beta)   Eldarus' new layout Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 4:00 pm

the beta forum is not functioning properly. you can post threads but if you try to read the threads it shows up as error 404 other than that i think it all looks good. i would either brighten up Eldy's wings though or make a brighter shade of red on the banner its not horrible and its you can tell them apart but thats just my thoughts. As for the green stuff I think it looks good. I don't believe that the Welcome phrase is blurry I think it is just the color scheme that was used looks that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldarus' new layout   Eldarus' new layout Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldarus' new layout
Page 1 of 1