Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The City of Eldarus offical forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaxon a'Rone
Nobility
Nobility
Jaxon a'Rone

A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand. Empty
PostSubject: A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand.   A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:47 pm

The morning sun was bright but the air still cold. Various ships had begun to sail out of port as the day's first high tide was at its peak. Two well dressed men, Knights in the service of the Regent, stood at the bottom of the ramp leading up to the Devil's Deadly Plunder, giving final instructions to its captain.

"Now remember, Captain, that absolutely -no one- is to open the cases you're picking up. Instructions for handling and drop off will be with the cargo."

With all preparations made, the ship was free to set sail . . . . . . . .
Back to top Go down
Ranger Foxcrown

Ranger Foxcrown

PostSubject: Re: A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand.   A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:59 pm

Cap'n Ironbarrel spits over the side of his deck glaring at the soldiers holding him up...time was money. "I be gettin it the firs' ten times yer tellin me ye lout." he said gruffly. "IF yer not mindin i'll get to me business and thenkye to do the same." with that he ordered the gangplank up...only to curse and have them lower it for the woman had not boarded the ship yet. "Damn woman" he said spitting again and restlessly pacing the deck
Back to top Go down
Silver Roywasio

Silver Roywasio

Character sheet
Character Name:: Slver Roywasio
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

PostSubject: Re: A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand.   A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:00 am

Silver, or Cara as she was known now, scowled darkly, hefting the bag she carried over her shoulder. She had had to give some last minute instructions to the ruffians she's surrounded herself with, and make some threats to make sure they would follow her orders while she was gone. She was a bit late to the rendevous at the ship, but she truely didn't give a damn. Let the bloody ship sail without her, she was not looking forward to the trip in the first place. However, the Plunder was still in bay when she arrived on the docks, though from the fact the Captain was standing by the gangplank showed that he wasn't happy to be kept waiting.
Walking up the plank, she gave the man a mocking salute with her free hand. "Cara Chandler, reporting for duty - which is to keep your grubby ass hands off the Regents merchandise." she smirked.
Back to top Go down
Ranger Foxcrown

Ranger Foxcrown

PostSubject: Re: A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand.   A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:53 am

Once more spat off the side of the ship in disgust. "yer ter make yerself useful lass" he stated flatly, no one, and he meant NO ONE, boarded his ship without carrying their own weight, while he had briefly entertained notions of giving her pointless work to break her spirit, he had decided against it, she would however do what she could he had decided "Yer ter have a cabin to yeself, only ter keep yer away from me men, I'll have none of yer whiles on them yer her" he said again in a flat tone, short of cordial but not shouting, his voice gravely from years of exposure to shouting and sea air. "Naw, go drop off yer things and get yer ass back up here so we can see them sea legs of yers" he said ordering the gangplank drawn up and the anchor hoisted to set off
Back to top Go down
Silver Roywasio

Silver Roywasio

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand.   A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:07 pm

Cara rolled her eyes, walking below deck, depositing her bag in the tiny, cramped room she had been given. "Like I'd want to fuck a bunch of dirty sweaty sailors," she grimaced at the thought, reaching up and pulling her long black hair into a tight ponytail at the top of her head, letting the soft waves cascade down her back. She wore an off white long sleeved blouse under a blue bodice trimmed in silver, with matching pants and boots. Making her way back up to the deck, she walked over to the Captain, crossing her arms over her chest. She had been on more than one ship before,and the rocking, roiling of the deck didn't seem to throw her balance off at all. Her brown eyes bored into him, and she scowled darkly. "Now, just what kind of 'work' did you have in mind?" she sneered.
Back to top Go down
Ranger Foxcrown

Ranger Foxcrown

PostSubject: Re: A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand.   A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Ironbarrel does not flinch from her gaze, barely stopping in his shouting of orders to speak wiht her. "Yer to be on me ship, and yer to be a mouth ter feed, so yer to be makin yerself useful. Yer to carry yer weight am I understtod...and I could give a rat's fine arse wha' the Regen' has yer doin 'ere, fer now, yer mine." he said matter of factly. "Yer to be takin' first turn up in the crow's nest with me firs' mate, he'll show yer the ropes" he said, giving her first a simple task that didn't require much effort, he was dubious about how much help she could provide but was determined she would be useful to him
Back to top Go down
Jaxon a'Rone
Nobility
Nobility
Jaxon a'Rone

PostSubject: Re: A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand.   A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:25 pm

The first day of the voyage would pass relatively uneventfully. Good weather and a strong wind made travel progress quickly. As night fell, the clear sky was dotted with millions of stars, twinkling across the black backdrop. With the moon a thin crescent, the night was particularly dark. The stillness of the night put some of the sailors on edge. The next morning, one of them reported seeing a large shadow pass above them. He could make out no shape or form to it and for the most part none of the other men believed him. "He's just a superstitious whelp, that one."
As the second day went on, the sea grew a bit choppier, but the wind was still in the ship's favor. At this rate it would be only another day or two to their destination.
Back to top Go down
Silver Roywasio

Silver Roywasio

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand.   A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:33 pm

The assassin muttered under her breath about the menial tasks asigned to her being beneath her, passing off the chores to one sailor or another as often as she could. She was simply glad that the voyage was going swiftly, if she had to stay on this ship a moment longer than necessary she was going to toss the arrogant Captain over board. As the sea grew a bit choppier and the sun went behind a thick cover of clouds, she was glad that she was not one to get seasick, as the ship lurched one way and another due to the large waves building up.
Back to top Go down
Ranger Foxcrown

Ranger Foxcrown

PostSubject: Re: A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand.   A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Kept a close eye on the woman, she picked up the tasks easily enough, but he did not like how often she shirked in her duties, but given the circumstances he could get over that. One day approaching her on deck he addressed her in his gravely voice. "We ought be ther' eny day, do yer kno' wher' tis we be goin'" he asked as the map was a bit fuzzy on the details he knew he was close but could not figure out just how close he was and he didn't like that, not one bit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand.   A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A sea voyage and an apparently simple errand.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Archives :: History-
Jump to: