The City of Eldarus offical forum.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Ghost from the dust

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:42 pm

She nodded, noting the eerie silence of the forest as well. No birds sang, no squirrels chased each other through the treetops. Svenia started to move away from the print when she heard a deep rumbling growl. She froze, turning her head towards the noise and saw red eyes staring at her, nearly eye to eye. The beast was huge, just about as tall as she was, vaguely catlike, but unlike any feline she had seen before. Its fur was oddly sharp looking, with a row of spikes down its spine, and its fangs... she stared at those six inch long teeth, dripping with saliva. She couldn't move, fear held her in place. She saw it tense, its muscles coiled to strike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/rynnsrpgcharacters/sveniaveridir.htm
Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:48 pm

Ardin cursed and pulled her away from the beast and put himself between it and the creature, drawing his main sword and stared at it's eyes with his own, "Stay back beast" he had no fear of it, just wanted to protect the elf. as it tensed to stirke at him, he readied himself, grabbing the rope and hook in the other hand. "Get out of here Seven!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:53 pm

This time she didn't bother to correct him, scrambling to crouch behind a tree, wishing she could do more. She had been taught the basic's on how to defend herself from a man... but not a beast, and not one as monstrous as this. She cried out as the beast began to circle around Ardin, looking for an opening to strike.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:59 pm

Ardin kept eye contact with the beast at all times, as it circled him, he chuckled "Here kitty kitty" and flinched back, to give the creature a false sense of security, it took the bait and jumped at him, he moved away from it, jabbing the hook into it's side, letting it move away from him, and he started to pull on it with the rope. Once he had it close enough he jumped onto the creatures back, as it jumped around to get him off, he looped the rope around its neck and began to pull and tighten it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:12 pm

She couldn't do anything but cover her eyes as the hook sunk into the feline's flank, gasping as he jumped onto its back and began to use the rope to strangle it. The beast tossed its head, one of its fangs hooking around the rope, severing it, loosening the portion around its neck still. The cat roared, and Svenia covered her ears at the horrible sound, watching helplessly as the cat tensed its muscles, jumping high into the air, into the branches of a sturdy tree in an attempt to knock the man off its back.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:20 pm

Ardin felt himself about to be thrown off cursing as it cut his black leather rope. he sunk his sword into the back of it's neck and grabbed onto the branch that it tried to use to knock him off, with the momentum of the large beast the sword cutt all the way down it's back severing it's spine and it fell to the ground with a large thump. The assassin dropped to the ground and held his gut from the smash against the branch that knocked the wind out of him. "That one hurt" he sheaths his sword and walks over to the giant cat and yanked the double hook out, looking at the severed rope "Your skin will replace this"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:28 pm

The young elf cried out as the feline crashed to the earth. Rushing over to the ex assassin, she looked from him to the beast. "Are you alright?" she asked, wishing she could have been of more help. She swallowed heavily and paled as she saw the damage done to the cat, turning away so that she didn't have to look at it.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:35 pm

Ardin sighed and cleaned the hook off with the cats fur "I am alright no worries, I've handled worse, Its a shame such a beautiful beast had to die like that though" he puts the hook away and ties the rope together, now the balance will be off" he tilted his head back and forth then looked at the girl "Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:54 pm

She nodded, looking around the forest wearily. "I'm fine."she assured him, her voice starting out a bit timid. "I just hope we don't run into any others." she commented, stepping a bit closer. "I hope this one doesn't have a mate anywhere nearby." she shivered. "We should probably put some distance between the body and us, just in case."
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:00 pm

He smirks and chuckles "You may be correct on that one, best we get going," he starts walking off brushing dust and sticks off him. wanting to get a good distance away "And dont worry I dont need healing" he chuckles and moves through the bushes, making sure she wasn't too far behind, wanting her close to be able to defend her. The assassin, smiled, "Welcome to the real world Seven"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:27 am

She quickly followed him, not wanting to be left with the carcass, the smell of the blood and other things, things she refused to think of, already making her nauseous. "Its Svenia," she said, pronouncing her name slowly. "Sa-Veen-AH." she enunciated clearly, crossing her arms over her chest, walking several steps behind him as he led the way into the forest. "Its not that hard a name to pronounce - even your human tongue should be able to create the proper sounds." She teased him, reaching out to poke his side.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:34 pm

Ardin laughed, looking over his shoulder as she poked him, "Even with this incompetent human tongue of mine, I know exactly how to pronounce your name Svenia... I just wanted to bug you" the hacks through a bunch of bushes clearing a way through the thick jungle, "Whats the matter someone doesn't want a nickname?" he grins at her, then moves a branch out of the way, holding it up and waits for her to mover under it. "So what made you want to be a cleric anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:40 pm

She frowned slightly, then shrugged her shoulders as she stepped under the branch he held back for her, silently accepting his nickname for her. "I... I guess I always wanted to be a cleric. Its all I ever knew - I was sent to the Temple to be raised and taught there by my parents when I little more than a baby." she informed him. "I barely remember what it was like to live outside the Temple." She walked through the thick underbrush, almost tripping as the soft sole of her slippers slide across a covering of wet leaves.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:52 pm

Grabbed her shoulder with fast reflexes and kept her from falling, the branch dropping harmlessly back into place, "Careful there Sev" he made sure she had her balance back before he let her go. "So your one of those Temple snails huh no offense," he smiles and sheaths his blade as they come across a goat path, deciding to walk along it. "Never liked temples". he chuckled. stopping as he looks into a clearing of more ruins "There everywhere?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:10 pm

She regained her balance, thanking him for catching her. "Why don't you like Temples?" she asked as she followed behind him. "They are places of peace and prayer." she smiled, thinking back on the Temple she had left. The priestess's could be strict at times, but her memories were mostly fond ones. "And Temple.... snail?" she asked, making sure she had heard right. "What does that mean?" She stopped as they came upon more ruins. "I wonder how many there are?" she commented, wondering uneasily if they would find ghosts here as well.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:24 pm

He laughs entering the new ruins "Temple snail... slow to see the world because you'd rather hide inside the temple like a shell," he grinned at the term "I dont like people pushing their religion on me, all telling me I am dammed, gets annoying" he smiles, and continues on through the street "It seems alot more empty here, I dont see any ghosts" he looks down the streets, and moves on. "Don't get me wrong, I dont think that you are all wrong, I just dont believe, I've seen the after life, many times, and im not impressed, but I wont tell you, what its like, let you have you dreams".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:41 pm

She frowned slightly. "I admit I had a sheltered life inside the temple, but I am glad now to be able to see the world." She shook her head, smiling up at him. "And besides, I don't think your damned." Turning her attention back to the ruins, she tilted her head to side, thinking she saw something. She pointed in the direction. "I thought I just saw something there... something moving. Did you see it?"
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:46 pm

Ardin looked over to where she pointed "What did you see? what did it look like?" he looked carefully moving to a wall, to peek around the corner. "Are you sure you saw something?" he had his hand on the short blade on his back, looking at her and the surroundings. his movements were silent, he moved almost like a ghost himself, if she hadn't been traveling with him, she would have never known he was there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Peered anxiously over to where she had seen the movement. "I .. I am not sure. It was a flash, like sunlight glinting off metal or a mirror." she commented in a quiet voice. Still gazing across the ruins, she saw something move, and pointed to it. "there it is again!" She cried out softly. "It wasn't an animal," she knew that right away, something about the shape she had glimpsed made her think that it was a man, or at least humanoid.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:34 pm

Ardin looked at her face, then cautiously around the corner again, "Well if it was an animal then we shouldn't have to worry... unless it was one of those cats, but just to be sure I'll check it out, you can come if you like I know I don't have to tell you to keep quiet" he moved around the corner, slideding along the old ruin walls, his dark cloths makeing him stand out agains the sandy walls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:11 pm

She hesitated for a moment, then, not wanting to be left alone so close to the ruins, she hurried after him, her footsteps light and soundless. She kept glancing to where she had seen the shine and movement, but now all was still. Maybe I imagined it, she thought to herself. It could have been a trick of the sun . She hoped that was all it was, but there was a tension in the air that told her her hopes were hollow. They were just reaching the ridge where she had seen the movement when a grunting noise filled the air. After a few heartbeats, she realized that the noises appeared to be a languge of some sort, though she didn't recognize it. Pressing her back against the wall, she looked to Ardin, fear in her eyes, silently asking what they should do.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:34 pm

Ardin stopped as he heard the sounds, his hand going for the his rope sword again. turning to her and putting a finger to his lips, sliding along the wall, and peering around, curious to what he was hearing. he showed no fear, because of his long life and experience. "Quiet Seven" he looks around and sees movement, "There"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:39 pm

She moved silently to the end of the wall, peering around it as well. She couldn't help the small gasp that escaped her lips as she beheld a group of orc's gathered around a fire. There were at least six of them, all them large and muscular, their skin the color of old bruises, talking among themselves. Over the pit roasted what looked like a whole boar, freshly killed. She quickly pressed her back against the wall, her brown eyes filled with fear. She clutched her staff tightly in both hands, a prayer to her goddess already on her lips.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:46 pm

Ardin studied the Orcs carefully, and stepped back, turning and put a hand on Svenia's shoulder "You don't have to fight them, but I can't let them stay here" he withdrew his sword and stared into her eyes. seeing the fear in them. he smiled and put a finger under her chin "You ok?" his voice was calming
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:51 pm

She swallowed heavily, looking up at him. "I've never been in a fight before." she whispered, looking ashamed of that fact. The temple had trained all the students to use their staffs as weapons, but Svenia had always been to timid to make a good fighter. She hadn't wanted to hurt anyone, even in practice. But she also knew that he couldn't face six orcs at once without some help. Taking a deep breath, she nodded firmly. "If you think we have to do this, I'll help as best I can,"she said softly, wetting suddenly dry lips, her knuckles white on the staff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   

Back to top Go down

The Ghost from the dust
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next