Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The City of Eldarus offical forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ghost from the dust

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:55 am

Smiled slightly, brushing a hand over the skirt of her robes to brush off a clump of dirt that clung to her. "So what is it that you do, anyway?" She asked, waiting for him to pick the route.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rynnsrpgcharacters/sveniaveridir.htm
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:02 am

Looks around and then decides to move through the forest, taking it all in before answering her "What I do? Hmm... I survive, I dont really do anything anymore, I decided I wanted to travel until I could find a place I truly loved, and for some strange reason, I felt as if I was called to this place, I used to be a very deadly assassin... still am" he turns to her with his young face and smiles, "But I am retired" Ardin would look like he was only 30.
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:10 am

Clutched the staff tightly with both hands. "An assassin?" she repeated, swallowing hard. She had suspected that he was some kind of fighter by the looks of him the last night, but she hadn't expected that. "Glad I am that you've retired then," she tried to smile. She doubted he meant her harm, but she still wanted to be on her guard... though she doubted she could do more in a fight than give him a split second's pause.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:15 am

looked at her and smiled, seeing her hesitation "I will assure you that, I will not harm you, I may be an assassin by title, and action, but not by heart, I changed my ways many years ago, I am but a simple traveler with the skills to defend himself" he bows to her and continues on, pushing bushes out of the way, till they heard the booming sound of water pounding on rocks.
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:23 am

She smiled pleasantly. "You could have harmed me at any time during the night, but instead you trusted me to watch over you while you slept. I know you will not do my any harm." the young elven girl relaxed her grip on the staff, following him through the brush. The smile brightened as she heard the water pounding against rock. "Oh, a waterfall, I love waterfalls!" she exclaimed, running past the man, her dainty feet not making a sound as she ran over the grounds covering of leaves.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:29 am

chuckled as she ran past him, taking out the short sword from his back and made a mark in the tree, the sheathed it again, the followed her, keeping a watch out for anything that could cause any harm. coming up to the waterfall. looking up to its majestic height "Beautiful, simply beautiful" he watched the young elf, as she happily ran to the water. "Just don't fall in now"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:47 am

Grinned over her shoulder at him. "I won't. Besides, we're at the bottom of the waterfall, even if I fell in its not like I can fall UP the waterfall." she chuckled, moving to the waters edge, dropping her bag and staff there. She moved to lay flat on her stomach at the edge, dangling her fingers in the water. After just a few moments, she darted her hand foreward, lifting out of the water a large fish. "Aha! A few more and I'll have gotten our lunch!" she tossed the fish towards him, moving her hand back into the water to await another fish to pass close enough.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:01 pm

Would catch the large fish as it flopped in his hands, amazed at her speed. He picked up a stick and bashed it over the fish's head to kill it, and put neatly in the grass. He came back over to watch her crossing his arms "Not the way I would fish but very nice" he quickly turned around as he heard a sound in the forest, not sure if he heard it or felt it, since he had a strange calling to this place, Ardin watched carefully through the trees, for any movement. Looked back to the elf, then held the hilt of the short blade behind his back on his belt, "I think we should go this way". It was like a woman's voice in echo that he heard, singing and calling, it seemed only he could hear it, since the Elf had never noticed. The assassin, moved into the bushes, making notches in the trees so the elf may follow him, until he came upon small ruins, stone buildings covered in vines and flowers, he could hear voices all around him, but the singing woman was the strongest of them all.
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:11 pm

Deftly caught another fish before she realized that the human had left. Frowning, she picked up the first one, using a bit of string to carry them. "Ardin, where did you take off to?"she called, following the markings he had left. She stopped when she saw the man halted outside of some ruins. She felt a chill crawl over her, and heard voices whispering about them, but distantly, as though they came through a thick fog. "Ar-Ardin, what is this place?" she asked, her voice small. Looking around, she could see no movement among the buildings, other than that caused by the wind.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:22 pm

Ardin Stood there, patiently listening, he would quickly looked over to one of the streets, as he saw ancient people walk by the vanish, "We are in a ruin, a city that died many years ago" The assassin, not paying much attention to the elf began to walk into the street, looking around following the voice "Shes calling me?" he would step aside as to walk passed someone that wasn't there. moving up stone steps and past buildings, till he came to a gate covered in vines "Shes behind here"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:26 pm

"Wh-what? Whose calling you?" the young cleric ask, her grip on her staff tightening. She almost shrieked as she felt something pass close to her, but couldn't see anything. "Oh gods, lets get out of here, please, lets go!" she stuck close to him, though he didn't seem to notice her. "Ardin, please, who is behind there?" She peered around him, looking at the vine covered gate, but saw nothing. She tugged on his sleeve. "What are you hearing?"
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Ardin turned to the girl finally noticing her, staring at her with his Grey eyes "A soul, shes singing, and calling me, she wants to speak to me, stand back" The assassin unsheathes the sword from his side, grabbing the rope in the other, the sword was attached to the long black rope and he began to start spinning the blade,moving it around his body, then launched it up and made a slash across the vines on the gate then the same on the other direction, making a X cut motion. then pulled it back before it could touch the ground, bringing it around his body and launched it straight at the lock breaking it open and the gate slowly opened, The assassin quickly pulled the blade in and sheathed it, coiling the rope around his arm and straps it on his belt once again, then enters the gate "If you wish to witness the world and become a cleric you must abandon fear, If you want to leave, so be it, but then you wont become a great cleric" He smiles and moves on up the path to a building.
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:32 pm

Stood well back as he swung the blade around on the rope, watching with wide doe eyes. "I may not know much about weapons, but I don't think that's how a sword is made to be used..." she commented weakly, her knuckles white around the staff. She took a deep breath, letting his words sink in, and nodded her head quickly, following him down the path before she had time to think twice about it.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:49 am

Laughs and pats the blade and rope "Aye so no one would expect me to use it like that would they" the Assassin gives a clever smile as he moves up the path, and came up to the building, as he opened went to the open door way of the building he would stop, as the singing stopped a cold chill coming over them, "Shes here" he stood dead still looking straight ahead, as if he was looking at someone but the room was empty "Shes young"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:12 am

Svenia couldn't see who he was looking at, but she felt the cold chill that had been coursing through her veins since they had entered the ruins grow stronger. "What does she look like?" the young cleric asked, her mind running through the few spells that might be useful, most of which dealt with turning undead, and she wasn't sure if those would be of any help in this situation. "And how come you can see her but I can't?"
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:28 am

Stares at the woman and moves further in "She is staring at me, She has white hair, and purple eyes, she sitting in that chair and smiling at me" He crept closer to the Lady, arms out "I can see them because I have experienced death, and have seen both the sides of our worlds"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:32 am

Stuck close to his back, looking at the chair he had gestured to, seeing nothing. "Why is she here?" she whispered, swallowing hard. "Can she hear us?" the young elf frowned, wishing she could see the woman as well. Maybe then she'd be less scared. "There must be a reason that she clings to this area after death."
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:46 am

Bows to the lady and goes to his knees "Shes smiling at you now, sit down," he stared at the Lady, whispers could be heard in the room, as she spoke to him, the whispers were in another language. Ardin's pupils dilated, as he stared, and he nodded his head "We promise no harm to you spirit"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:03 am

She knelt down next to Ardin, her eyes on the chair, but she was still unable to see the woman. one hand loosened from the staff to clutch at her pendant. She thought, for a moment, that she saw a glimpse of the woman, but then she disappeared again. "My lady, is there anything that we can do for you?" she asked aloud, feeling strange talking to someone she could not see.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:15 am

Ardin bows more, "We do not come to this land for war, I have traveled very far in hopes of peace and sanctuary, My weapons are for defense, do not look upon my past but my present, and the good I have done," He looks at the Elf, this land had been wiped out in a battle, they were killed, she wishes to know the reason for our presence"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:24 am

She looked over at him with wide eyes. "Please tell her that we are just passing through and mean her no offense at our presence here." she licked her dry lips, wondering what would be done if the spirit did not believe them. Her palms grew moist, and she looked behind them at the gate they had come through, tempted more than ever to leave this place.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:31 am

Ardin bows "Your city has gone and passed, it is no more, I promise that we will not ruin your land, But I wish to live here if you would allow it, this is a place of beauty" he glances at the elf "My companion Svenia is a cleric and means no harm to you or your people, And we wish you peace" Whispers could be heard in the room as Ardin nodded his head, and bowed once more "Lets leave" he begins to stand up, bows again "I will insure that this land is not wasted, and your history known" he motions his hand to leave,
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:43 am

She quickly stands up with him, giving the 'empty' room a deep curtsy, her white robes rustling softly. "Be at peace, my lady, and may Auriana watch over you," she said formally, her hand clasping the pendant around her neck. She turned around, departing the place as quickly as she could, running out ahead of the ex-assassin.
Back to top Go down
Ardin Vics

Ardin Vics

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:52 am

Ardin walks out casually and turns to bow again walking away to join Svenia "You handled that very well, Svenia though try not to run away so fast" he closes the gate behind them. and locks it tying vines together, then sits on the ledge of a ruined building "The spirit realm isn't as scary as you think Svenia" he rubs his neck "You must stop and listen,"
Back to top Go down
Svenia Veridir

Svenia Veridir

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:00 am

The young elf had stopped outside the ruins, her legs to shaky to go much further. She leaned against a nearby tree, wiping her sleeve along her brow. "I'm sorry, I just have never been so close to a spirit before." she admitted, her face regaining some of its color. She looked up at him, biting her lower lip. "You really want to settle here?" she asked incredulously, nervously running her fingers through her black hair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ghost from the dust   The Ghost from the dust - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ghost from the dust
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next